Verse of the week - Psalm 143:5-6

Life passes by at lightning speed.

It seems when we get behind in one way or another we stay there as tasks get backlogged.


I renewed my commitment this week to start my day in His Word. Most days I get into the Bible at some point, but I see such a difference if I start there.

Continuing to read through the Psalms, I drank in these verses in Psalm 143:5,6, "I remember the days of old; I ponder all your deeds; the works of your hands I recall. I stretch out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land."



Taking the time to stop and remember, to stop and meditate takes time and discipline, but when I do it, WOW! This past Monday as I renewed my morning quiet time after a few weeks of skimping on it, God faithfully met me in that fresh way of His. Gently reminding that He was waiting all along. That it was I who inched away. Forgivingly meeting me with His love and presence.

As I look at all He has done through history, all He has done in my life, His presence cannot be ignored. When I recognize Him, and reach out to Him with my dried up spirit, He meets me.

I thirst, and He quenches.
I crave and He satisfies.
I reach and He is already there.
I hunger and He fills.
I question and He comforts.

I remember the days of old; I ponder all your deeds;
the works of your hands I recall. I stretch out my hands to you;
I thirst for you like a parched land.

~Psalm 143:5,6~

Comments

amy in peru said…
yay.

me too! ;)

Amy in Peru
http://apilgrimsproject.blogspot.com

Popular Posts