Verse of the week -- Psalm 103

I really appreciated all of Psalm 103 when I read through it recently for my quiet time. While I would encourage you to read the whole chapter, a few verses seemed to sum it up well for me:


"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."


We think so often of what we feel we deserve. At AWANA this past week I heard a girl repeat our world's mantra multiple times, "That's not fair." My kids have learned not to say that . . .


Fair? No, life isn't fair by a long shot. And, if I truly got what I deserved it would not include any of the blessings existent in my life today. I have blogged in the past about what I truly deserve and ignorantly defending my "rights," but these verses in Psalm 103:8-12 reminded me not only that God has shown me mercy by not giving my what I deserve, but He has also shown incredible grace in blessing me with things I could never earn either.


Simply because He loves me, more than I can ever comprehend. It all comes back to His character.


The LORD is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9He will not always chide:
neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10He hath not dealt with us after our sins;
nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11For as the heaven is high above the earth,
so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12As far as the east is from the west,
so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

~Psalm 103:8-12~


Comments

Popular Posts