Verse of the week - Ephesians 5:1, 2

Children love to imitate their parents. "Cooking" their favorite meals in plastic cookware with child-sized utensils. Clomping around in shoes ten sizes too large. Beautifying themselves with makeup. And, helping with adult jobs whenever allowed.


We don't criticize them for their clumsiness. They don't shy away because they can't quite do it right. They keep trying, and grin up at us in their childish innocence seeking our approving smile or words.


My Christian walk should look similar. Ephesians 5:1,2 says, "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 2And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Sometimes in working out my faith the shoes might seem too big or the sleeves a touch too long. Sometimes, I might try to imitate God and I don't really understand what He is doing, but I copy and mimic, and humbly follow, knowing He knows best.


Lord, Help me to follow you as a simple child. Not always seeking explanation, but trusting You completely, and knowing I will slowly grow into the wisdom and habits that You lead me through. Thank you for coming to live it out for me in human flesh -- Emmanuel. It still doesn't all make sense, but it helps having that tangible picture to follow after. Thank you for accepting my feeble attempts at following. When I grow up I want to be just like You. ~Amen

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
2
And walk in love, as Christ loved us
and gave himself up for us,
a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

~Ephesians 5:1,2~

Comments

Popular Posts