Verse of the week - Luke 12:28



It's as if God looked right at me today and said in all His fatherly tenderness, "Oh ye of little faith."

But, but, how can I handle all of this? I'm not this strong!

His gentle response, "I know, that's why I'm here."

Me, whining again, "This is too much. It's not humanly possible!"

Again, "I know, I already covered that. Just surrender. Stop trying on your own."

Faith the size of a mustard seed. I don't know if I even have that much some days.

I remember also Ephesians 2:8,9 -- By grace through faith. He can grow me, raise me from the dead, and build my faith.


He loves me, oh how He loves me. His power, His glory, eclipses my weakness and struggles.

More focus on Him, less on me. He cares for the lilies of the field beautifully, and loves me so much more. Surely I can rest in His working, sovereignty, and wisdom.

Thank you, Lord, for once again meeting me where I am, please increase my faith. Thank you for the many precious promises of Scripture that sustain me time and time again.

I love you, Lord!

If then God so clothe the grass,
which is to day in the field,
and to morrow is cast into the oven;
how much more will he clothe you,
O ye of little faith?

~Luke 12:28~

Comments

I understand and hear you. Faith is Forged , much like Hard metals , forged by fire and adversity , we become stronger.
6intow said…
Happy hermit,

Great analogy. It is sometimes tought to go through, but the outcome is worth the struggle.

Thank you!
~Erin

Popular Posts