Sometimes a child needs a little extra help in an area. Or, sometimes you need a fun activity to keep a few kids engaged while you work with an individual child. Or, maybe you just want something fresh that you haven't already been through a few times.
abcteach can help with any one of those needs. You can choose from their ginormous file base, or you can make something that is uniquely you with their worksheet generator.
Aside from ordinary worksheets they also have file folder type games, reading comprehension exercises, craft projects, simple lesson plans and ideas, flash cards, units, and seasonal activities.
Product: abc teach membership (You can see their description of the benefits of membership including a video on the abcteach site)
Details:This website offers 5,000 printables free even to non-members, but another 30,000 sheets that are available only to members.
Price: $40/year or $70 for two years. Group pricing available also.
What we loved . . .
- Lots of choices. Every subject, topic, writing style, etc. seems represented. And, they encourage you to let them know if you could use something they don't already offer.
- Always something new. This is not a "been there, done that" site. Every week you can find new material, and with the thousands they have available, it would take you quite a bit of time to work through it all.
- A diversity of ages covered. We found something for everyone on this site. While those with preschool and early primary would probably find the most use for it, they have lots available for upper elementary and middle school as well.
- Great search tool. If you can't easily find what you are looking for in the myriad categories available, you can search and come up with lots of hits most of the time.
- Making my own handwriting sheets. We use Handwriting Without Tears in the early years, and I LOVE the member's only feature that enables you to print your own worksheets with whatever you want your child to practice, in the very format that they are learning in.
Challenges faced . . .
- Finding uses for the site. We aren't a big worksheet family, preferring lots of oral and group work, so I did not find an overwhelming amount of materials that grabbed my attention.
- Some of the graphics are not the highest quality (after all, they are worksheets). Part of the reason I prefer real books is because I prefer real pictures. Just a little idiosyncrasy of mine, I suppose. Drawn graphics just kind of turn me off to a product. They were good, just not real.
Despite the many things we loved and the very few challenges we encountered, this is not something I would continue to subscribe to because it doesn't fit easily within our homeschool.
However, if you constantly find yourself searching for extra activities or worksheets to teach or reteach a topic, abcteach probably has exactly what you are looking for. They have an excellent, easy to navigate site with unbelievable amounts of worksheets and activities.
For more TOS Crew reviews on this product, check out the TOS Crew blog.Disclaimer: This website membership was provided to me free of charge from abcteach as part of my participation in The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew. I received no additional compensation and the opinions expressed here come from my personal experiences and sincere thoughts.