Saturday, September 26, 2009
Weekly wrap up -- September 25
Apparently busy is the new normal in our house. Ballet, AWANA, gym and swim, soccer, and lots of life happening around here. We have enjoyed some down time as well, and the weather has cooperated for lots of outside relaxing.
But, this week we had to say good-bye to our chicks:
They are off to the farm where they will hopefully live a long and happy life. :-) Great learning experience, but it was definitely time to go.
- We had so many great times together this week. I so enjoy schooling all together. The conversations, questions, discussions, laughter is absolutely priceless.
- Watching the lightbulbs come on. Reading with the little ones, piano with the older ones, so exciting to see learning clicking!
- Illness. Nothing major, but some sniffles, and slightly upset stomachs, and fatigue. No real sick days in our house, but not quite as productive as usual either. One of the many reasons we school year round.
- We finished up Homer Price and Mr. Popper's Penguins. Fun, fairly short reads. Now we are listening to Peter Pan in the car. Quite enjoyable. I don't think I've ever read anything besides the Disney picture book. I love the depth of real literature!
- Family read aloud -- Understood Betsy. We read this a few years ago, but my kids don't seem to remember it. It was one of my favorites so I pulled it out again. We are all thoroughly enjoying it, as Betsy now head off to the dreaded cousins' house! If you have not read this book, it is a great read aloud with little kids that older kids will likely enjoy as well.
A weekend full of soccer and clothing sales, and now I'm at home with one sick child while the rest of the family enjoys a birthday party for their cousin. Time to catch up, hopefully!
More Weekly Wrap-Ups.