You Version

One of the biggest tools currently adding rungs to the ladder of my spiritual life is the You Version app.

Every day I listen to the next installment of the chronological Bible in a Year plan while prepping breakfast.

While waiting in line, I open up the app and read a chapter or two.

While driving, I will have it read to me.

Quick spiritual inspiration is just a click away, nibbled on a few minutes at a time throughout the day.

This does not replace serious Bible study. It does not fill the gap for fellowship or private prayer time or corporate worship, but it does keep filling my mind with things of heaven and planting thoughts and verses in my thinking from morning until night.

Last year I found the little thrill of keeping my streak alive. :) I was in the app everyday from January through August 11. Kinda bummed that I lost it that day, but it didn't keep me down for long and I'm working on a new one for this year.

The reward is far bigger than the little virtual confetti they toss on my screen every time I hit a new threshold.  God's Word is embedding itself deep in my life, my thinking, my mindset.

And, as I listen out loud much of the time, my kids are along for the ride as well.

I love that it makes staying in God's Word convenient. His word is still sharper and more powerful than a two edged sword, even via audio and ebook.

Comments

Popular Posts