Just one voice

Photo from Pixabay by geralt

One vote

One voice

One opinion

One circle of influence

Just one.

Does it really matter?

How much weight does my view carry?

It can be easy to head down the path of insignificance when looking at the part we play in politics and other larger community groups that we are a part of.

Yet, biblically, how should I approach this?

There are solid reasons that I press on, vote, pray, and speak my view as appropriate.

In high school I attended a school that placed a high value on personal responsibility. The thinking that, "You are responsible for your own actions," and, "With greater opportunity comes greater responsibility," appeared frequently in class and curriculum. We will be held accountable for all that God has entrusted to us.

Galatians 6:5 - For every man shall bear his own burden.

As with all truths, it is one thing to say you believe them, and quite another to live them out.

If I and I alone bear the weight of responsibility for my actions, I must vote. I must speak out. I must write.

Even if my vote becomes just one of the 9% for the losing candidate. Even if my voice joins the cacophony of denied complaints. Even if my blog reaches only .0000001% of Americans (yes, I calculated that). I cannot remain silent, sit still, or skip voting.

Just one, but it is my responsibility to make the most of it.






Comments

Popular Posts