K-I-S-S-I-N-G



I don't know about the expression, "Don't kiss and tell," but I think we should do a little more telling and a little less hiding of kissing in marriage.  

So, I discovered this year that kissing is amazing if you take the time for it. Maybe you already knew that, but maybe you forgot. Or, maybe you never really knew either. Really. 

After researching how a kiss could change our marriage, I decided to do a little clandestine research. I didn't have the guts to actually mention my hypothesis to my husband. Figured he would be lost as to why I hadn't figured that out from 27 years of it.

But, along the way I realized one important step I was missing. I forgot to stop thinking. 

And, start living in the moment.

For a kiss to be real, you have to get lost in it. 

I thought we were doing good because we always "kissed" when coming or going and at bedtime and after prayer before each meal. But, that was really the bare minimum. Maybe that habit helped maintain a basic level of connectedness, but that was about it. 

However, it all changed when we started lingering there a little bit. We didn't need to time it or give it rules or boundaries, we just had to let the moment be. 

That has made all the difference in the world. It has been integral in resetting our relationship and restoring the feelings of cherishing my husband that I had somehow compartmentalized over the years.  

So simple, yet so profoundly different. Now, this won't solve all the marriage woes amassed over years of marriage, but it can start chipping away at them if you let it.

It takes hardly any time. Knits your hearts together throughout the day. How long has it been since you thought about your 'good-bye' kiss after he was out the door in the morning? Most days I can't stop thinking about it now . . . 

Ready for a challenge? All you have to do is kiss. For real.

 

Comments

Popular Posts