We've had a week, quite a week.
Sometimes you have to choose. Even though I feel like flopping on the floor and crying, I make the choice, the hard choice to find joy. To treasure the little things.
That perfect package of strawberries was just right for dipping in chocolate. So we ate our chocolate strawberries and tossed out the stems.
I could focus on the stems, but they have no value. It does no good to dwell on another day of sick kids and the endless laundry, carpet cleaning, and toilet paper refills in which it results.
Instead, we enjoy the quiet day at home. Not fretting over canceled plans, but instead enjoying the three somewhat healthy ones playing happily together with Legos.
Not dwelling too long on the eleventh birthday spent in bed (poor girl, I do feel for her) :( but looking forward to the celebration that will not be missed, just put off a couple days.
Relishing the warm cake, and laughing over the strip we have to throw out because it melted the candles. (note to self: wait for cake to cool before inserting candles)
Finding joy in the little things . . .
- the drips of blood from the runny nose came clean, (thank you, Lord!) even though I forgot to wash it right away.
- the dog couldn't eat all 1000 pieces before we finished getting them into the puzzle.
- pajamas make life more comfortable, especially mid-afternoon.
- my husband works close enough to pop in for a minute.
- a full refrigerator
- summer fruit
- a large load washing machine
- a God who knows when to whisper
- and, of course, chocolate covered strawberries.