The Daily Battle



David knelt down and fingered the surface of the coolness of the quiet brook. His mind recalled the many times he had chosen rocks previously. Each time brings a rush as he knows God leads even the choosing of a rock. As the water trickled between his fingers, he spoke with the God of the universe, “Oh Lord, I know you give victory to your chosen king, you answer from your holy heaven. By your power you give great victories. Some may trust in their chariots, their horses, their giants, but I trust in Your power alone. You, my Lord, my God.”

His hands grasped the first perfectly shaped stone. Round, smooth. It drops, heavy into the pouch.

“Give victory to the king, O Lord.”

Another perfect stone dropped into his pouch, clanking against the first.

“Lord, give me what I desire, make all my plans succeed.”

A third stone ready for battle

“I will shout for joy to You for Your victory.”

Stone four.

“I will praise You, my God, trusting You for triumph. Answer my request, hear my prayer.”

He secured the fifth and final stone and closed the sack.

*****

David suiting up for the battle of his life.

Everyday, I must follow his example. Preparing for the daily battle.

Surrendering to God.

Grabbing my weapon, the Sword of the Spirit.

Trusting God for the outcome - the victory is His.

Praying, praying, praying. always praying.

Pray with each step.

Pray with each swing.

Pray with each breath.

Pray with each word, each glance, each decision, each email, each minute spent.

To God alone is the victory of the day ahead which I claim for Him alone. 

Comments

Popular Posts