Prayer Challenge - God's goodness

Set my mind on Him:



Pray through Scripture: 
  • Psalm 147
  • Matthew 7:7-14

Confession: 
  • Gluttony - seems so crass as I type that out. But, it needs to be spoken. Food controls me too often and I need to surrender every need and craving to God. His forgiveness is gracious and plentiful.

Heart of Gratitude: 

  • Hebrews 12:28-29 - consume all that is shakable within me, Lord, and leave only the solid foundation that You laid.
 
Prayer burdens: 
  • My mental health - focus on the good and not be consumed by the bad
  • My husband in his role as a husband, help him to love me in the ways I need
  • My children in their understanding of Scripture - may the Holy Spirit always guide them
  • In outreach to my neighborhood, may we find ways this Easter season to speak the gospel

Response: 

God is good. I'm basking in that this morning. It is so easy to let the wrong of the world -- the dark, the evil, the selfishness, the corrupt, the death, the illness, the pain -- to cloud our view of His goodness. I need to continually reset my focus to His goodness.

Father God, thank you for your undeserved goodness. Thank you for picking up the pieces as I slip. Keep refining me, and sustain me through the process. May I continue to grow more like You - more humble, more kind, more genuine, more serving, more of You. ~Amen

Comments

Popular Posts