Sorting out

Writing helps me wrestle through when life makes no sense.

For God alone my soul waits in silence;
    from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

A deep ache. Jumbled thoughts.  Not greatly shaken, but definitely shaken.

A dear, dear friend lost her husband suddenly yesterday. From the human angle it makes no sense. 

A godly man, accomplishing much for Christ. Testimonies flood facebook of the lives he's touched. He always had a smile, worked to know everyone by name, must've known thousands in this way.

A committed father, with children that still need this direction and wisdom.

A rock for his amazing wife. A life, a marriage, a family used by God in countless ways for many years.

Cut short, from our vantage point. 

Prayers constantly tumble through my thoughts for my friend, for her children, for their future, for continual emotional and material provision. Her faith carries her as only God can. 

Praying for steadfastness for each one. Praying for God's glory to rise undeniably through these coming days and weeks.

Praying for God to be enough in each moment.



Comments

Popular Posts