Day 1 - Easter 8 Day Gospels Challenge

 


A number of years ago I read through the Bible in 90 days. Well, it took me more like 5 months, but 90 days was the initial goal. In the midst of that, I happened to read all four gospels in one week and it "happened" to be the week leading up to Easter.

That Easter held something extra special for me. All four accounts of Jesus life were fresh in my mind. I had just saturated my brain with all the inspired details of His birth, ministry, death, and resurrection. Easter was personal and meaningful because I knew Jesus in a fresh way.

That is my prayer for each of us through this challenge. Even if you fall off half way, or only get through half of each day's readings, throughout this week we will be preparing for a deeper grief on Friday and a fuller celebration on Sunday morning.

Read it for yourself or listen to the audio. And, where applicable I will throw in links to the Bible project videos, but I think you will find that just settling into the story of each gospel will be enough.

Praying for a significant Holy Week for each of us this year.


Read on Bible Gateway:


Jump to the audio version:



Bible Project Video  (Matthew 1-13)

Comments

Popular Posts