Cleansing

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. -- Psalm 139: 23,24

Spending some extended time alone letting God examine me with complete vulnerability and transparency. It's hard and painful to be honest with ourselves and with Him. Seeking His kingdom and laying down my own.

Step one in this process is examining my priorities.

We all know they should go God - others - me. Or, God - Husband - kids -  - - me. However, as I honestly look at my daily choices, it's been more like me, me, God, more me, husband, still more me, me, kids, and maybe a little more me. So out of whack. Part of this I can truthfully chalk up to a season of transition and establishing a new schedule (protecting quiet time, getting back into working out, etc.), but whose agenda am I seeking to fulfill each day?

Where am I choosing to spend my energy?

How do I determine what time I get up each day?

How do I choose my activities between the kids' bedtime and mine?

When I find myself with a couple minutes, do I talk with or hug a child, text my husband that I love him, pray, or pick up my phone and kill time on social media? I don't want to answer that.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

Everything else falls into place if that is kept in place. See God's glory, mourn over my sin.

This is going to be seriously more hard and painful than I thought. And I'm only on step one. Ready. Digging into the next step -- examining His temple.

(This time of cleansing is from Precept upon Precept and is part of a study on the Sermon on the Mount. However, I saw a pamphlet on their website that looks like the same material. If you're ready to let God really examine where you are with Him to be more fully used by Him, check it out  cleansing and filling booklet)


Comments

Popular Posts