Prayer Challenge - God Above All

Setting my mind on Him:



Pray through Scripture:
  • Praying especially for my kids today to put Christ above all in their lives
    • Psalm 68
    • John 17
    • Philippians 2
    • Colossians 3
Confession: 
  • Lack of discipline. I keep coming back to this. Choosing screen time over kid time. Choosing sleep over time in prayer. Choosing sweets over healthy food. Choosing mindless pastimes over productivity. Help me, Lord, to surrender each moment of my day to You!

Heart of Gratitude: 
  • Psalm 136:1-5 

Prayer burdens:
  • Me to have greater love for people around me
  • Husband to be used by God among co-workers
  • Kids to follow God with their life plans
  • Personal revival in local Christians, that they would grow spiritually in order to reach out 

Response:

God continues to grow me through powerful sermons, penetrating quiet times, and insightful authors. Gospel Fluency is a thought provoking read. I have a few takeaways, but the last one is still rolling around in my thoughts - If I love what people think of me more than I love people, that might hinder me from sharing the gospel. If I really truly believe they are going to hell if they do not know the gospel, and if I let God's love overtake my perspective of them, then I cannot help but speak the gospel to them.

Lord, help me to love others each day. Those in my house and those outside of it. Help me to speak the gospel into their lives that they may know and remember your love and forgiveness and not wallow in hopelessness or insecurities. Help me to be solidly in this world while never being absorbed by its thinking or culture. Use me, God, all of me. ~Amen 

Comments

Popular Posts